Monday, December 15, 2008

What the group's expectations were before the trip.

December 8th:

Here are some the things people wrote about their expectations before coming on this trip:

“I am motivated to see the world and not from the balcony of some hotel. To really learn about the people, share our experiences and knowledge. I want my son Denver to have the same opportunity in the near future.”

“I want the chance to travel to new worlds, experience different cultures and to be a part of something that extends way beyond myself.”

“I am really looking forward to seeing in action what my brother works hard to promote and make happen.”

“I would like to use this opportunity to grow personally and get to know myself better through out the
adventure!”

“I'm quite excited to be part of this group. What a fantastic opportunity to do something out of the ordinary, to contribute, and to learn! I hope to be a help, not a burden; to meet people, to share stories and make connections;to learn a few new dance moves and to see a new part of the world for me. I also hope to have some great photos and stories to share when I return to Canada.”

“I am excited to learn about Cambodia and its people, and hoping to learn a little about myself as well.
I’d like to contribute, somehow, to making this world a better place for children to inherit. If the sun is out…oh yah I’m motivated!”

“I need to do something that means something beyond my own little world. Spontaneously attempting something out of my comfort zone.”

This group is here for the right reason. This a humble group that understands intuitively the difference between development work and service. This is a hard working bunch of people who needed to get away, gain some perspective and have some fun. So here we are, nourishing our souls and getting what we need while being of service to others. What a fantastic concept. With Developing World Connections, here we are living it.

After the orientation we went to the hotel, settled in and had dinner. The night was ours to enjoy the beach, reflect and rest.

No comments: